Ever heard of a plant-based deli? Now you have!
Founded in 2014 by Canada’s first plant-based butcher, Yam Chops serves the finest vegan and plant-based “meats” to health-conscious shoppers in Toronto.
We use a variety of vegetables and plant-based foods to prepare hearty and nutritious meatless meals, from hamburgers, BBQ pulled pork and tuna salad to chicken shawarma, crab cakes, smoked salmon, and more!
As Canada’s first plant-based deli, we’re proud to create all our mouthwatering meatless recipes in-house, cooking with veggies, fruit, organic tofu, seitan and our own blend of non-GMO soy, pea protein and wheat protein. To the delight of many of our customers, we have a wide variety of gluten-free options as well! As the plant-based movement grows, Yam Chops is growing along with it. We will soon have franchise opportunities available across Canada and the U.S. as we expand to better serve the needs of health-conscious shoppers. And our internal management team brings years of expertise in retail, real estate and operations to help you every step of the way.
Did You Know
- According to the National Research Council Canada, more than 40 percent of Canadians have adopted flexitarian eating habits, motivated by health and sustainability.1
- The Canadian market for plant-based meat alternatives and proteins is expected to grow at 14% annually by 2024, accounting for up to a third of the country’s entire protein market.2
- The global market for plant-based meat alternatives is forecasted to reach US$24 billion in 2024.3
- North American sales of plant-based meat alternatives grew 38% from 2017-2019, and it is projected to be an $85 billion industry by 2030.4
- North American sales of fresh plant-based meat alternatives nearly doubled every month in 2020.5